Graphite is revolutionizing how businesses do business. Within two years we've launched a supplier information network with 10,000+ suppliers and we are rapidly growing. Graphite Systems was formed around EPIC things: Employees, Products, Innovations, and Customers. We're aiming to conquer monumental achievements and we know that starts with a culture and company of EPICness.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining Graphite’s cloud infrastructure and for helping curate a secure and cutting-edge platform, and develop tools, processes, and automation. You will work regularly with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes. You will write code to automate builds, tests, deployments and infrastructure, using tools like Pulumi and Bash, and establish a strong Infrastructure as Code (IaaC) practice. You will play a critical role in ensuring stability in applications by managing the telemetry, logging, and alerting for applications and key infrastructure components, serving as an escalation point for issues that may arise.
- Maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters including health checks, auto-scaling, logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Develop tooling to facilitate deployment, release, and lifecycle management
- Build and implement monitoring and logging services
- Build the infrastructure for high availability, high performance, and zero downtime
- Define, implement, and document operational processes and procedures
- Automate and secure application configurations
- Requirement analysis, determining architectural designs, solution implementation, and testing
- Debugging, diagnosing, and fixing issues on one or many deployments quickly and efficiently
- 2+ years managing Kubernetes Clusters
- Strong experience with Docker
- Experience with IaaC technologies and processes (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi, Salt Stack)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with scripting languages (TypeScript, Bash)
- Experience with Git and continuous integration
- Outstanding judgment, data-driven in decision making, and excellent interpersonal communications, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience administering multi-tiered applications, including capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Use of best practices and continuously improving their use of modern techniques, tools, platforms, languages, and frameworks
- Motivated self-starter with a determination to get results
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, a bonus plan, and a benefits package. We are a scrappy and experienced team that enjoys working collaboratively and welcomes the knowledge, experience, and contribution each team member brings.